Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Slacking at Blogging but not a quitter

OK. Back in the saddle again.
Was using Epassporte at Cake but it is now not longer supported. So now I cant redeposit on Cake and I just went broke there. This happened when I went well above my Cake BR of $500 and played on the $200 buy in table.. one missed draw and one player hitting a draw against me and I was on the rail at Cake... needed to be a lot more patient in grinding out my $5oo first time depositor bonus. Should have bought in at the $25 table (this would have been 5% of my Cake BR, instead of 40%..lol) and just grinded out the bonus. Went for the home run shot and struck out. I still have $400 left on the bonus so once they get their deposit issues fixed, I will redeposit, be patient, grind it out and get my money back.

Put some money back on FT so I could play some of the blogger events (Mookie, Dookie, Skillz and RC).. this is a losing money situation for me (posted stats in last blog) but I am thick headed sometimes so I will keep playing it (I really enjoy the chats, blogs and overall atmosphere of the tournaments.. plus, I am not a quitter.. I will take one of these down.. just need to make a few adjustments in my game).

On a positive note, just bought a refurbished computer at the online Dell outlet store. Got a good deal on one for $700 (dual core, 2 gigs RAM, 17 monitor, N wireless card, webcam, bag). They have alot of great deals and I am computer savy so I can fix just about anything on a laptop except the motherboard (they cost about as much as the laptop to replace. Found this out after my Toshiba motherboard blew one month past the warranty..ugh!). Now I will be able to keep all my hand histories and reads on one machine (I currently use 2 different computers for this), so I wont have all my info scattered about. I can also keep all my web page design stuff and job opportunities in one spot (wife is going to pharmacy school next year so I looking for part time teaching opportunities online.. I have a part time gig at ECU but it is for only one semester each year).
I had fixed a laptop for this purpose before but sold it to my brother in law as he needed it for his step daughter.

Put some money back on FT to play the $3 rebuy, $5.50 mixed games and some bloggerment tournys. Taking a break from the cash games online as I am getting crushed... need a big score as I put a sizeable dent in my small BR with losing $500 at Cake, $500 at Bodog and buying a $700 computer (all this over the last 2 weeks.. ugh!).. Played way over my BR at Cake and Bodog and got what I deserved.. back to BR Management 101 for me (1% for tourny and cash game buy in's online).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Attractive component of content. I simply stumbled upon your web site and
in accession capital to claim that I acquire in fact enjoyed account
your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.

Feel free to surf to my web page: bock of ra Kostenlos spielen