Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bankroll Management

OK. Been getting my a@@ handed to me in the PLO games lately. Started with a BR of about $3000 2 months ago after I placed second in a tourny and have grinded it down to $1900 (if it wasnt for rakeback and bonuses I would be down even further) so I am dropping levels again. Going down to the .25/.50 game (I had worked my way up to the 2/4 game but after several shellings there and at the 1/2 tables I moved down to .50/1 only to get shelled there this week) I am going to stay with a 1% buy in for PLO cash games and tournys.

Last year at this time, I had grinded my way to a small BR (about $3800) playing 1/2 and 2/4 limit holdem. At these stakes, I was grinding out bonuses and owning most of the tables. At the same time I was doing well (10% ROI) in the $36 turbo SNG's. Decided to move to the 5/10 tables with my $3800. I went through a month of shellings at the 5/10 table and $36 SNG's until I only had about $1000 left. Instead of moving down, I decided to get it all back by playing 20/40 and 100 SNG ... which was pfs (pretty f***ing stupid) as I went broke. To anyone who is reading this crappy blog, a word to the wise MOVE UP WHEN YOU ARE ON A HEATER... NOT WHEN YOU ARE GETTING YOUR A@@ HANDED TO YOU.

So this time, I am going to follow some BR principals, swallow my pride and move up or down based on my current BR.

3 comments:

Thomas Kennedy said...

Great advice on moving up! I hope you are able to rebuild your bankroll (slowly!!!). Good luck in 2008.

UnTiltable said...

Thanks.. I need it.

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)