Monday, October 22, 2007

PLO Hand

Another PLO Hi hand I played at Sportbook a couple of months ago.




Pre Flop odds Flop Odds Turn Odds
Me (UncleBrad): 70% 42% 42%
Crimedog: 30% 58% 58%


Started out way ahead in this hand and probably should have raised with KKxx preflop but I am new to PLO so what do I know. Got a flop that made a straight for Crimedog but I couldnt lay down the flush draw in this spot. Before I looked at the odd on CardPlayers PLO calculator, I thought I was at 35% on the flop (similiar to Holdem) so it was interesting to find out that I was at 42% on the flop.. I wasnt as far behind as I thought.
The Turn committed me to the hand, having the nut flush draw and the full house draw. I wasnt going anywhere (and there was the possibility that I was now ahead on the turn (if he had 2 pair)). And with one card to come, I was still at 42%. (I put in 7.65 in on the turn, he called and now there is about $22 in the pot, so I the odds on my money are at 36%.. so I feel this was the right play).
The River was the end.. no help and I lost the pot.

For this type of hand, it might be best to lay it down on the flop to alot of action unless there are 2 other players in the pot. On the turn, I feel like I had the proper odds to put it all in. If anyone reads this and they play PLO Hi, please let me know what you think.

Also, found an answer to my previous post about idontgiveashi.. the player seems to be doing very well for themselves :-)
http://www.highstakesreport.com/reports/idontgiveashi-takes-down-70k-pl-omaha-win/

No comments: