Friday, October 19, 2007

Who was it?

Started grinding on the .25/.50 PLO table last night about 9pm... bought in for $20 (max is $50) as I am working on a low buy in strategy that I read in the book "Secrets of Professional Pot-Limit Omaha " (about half way through the book but it has saved me hundreds already). A player named "idontgiveashi" was at the table and raising about every pot and see almost all of them down to the river. After idontgiveashi showed down several hands and got stacked 3 times, I was ready to mix it up in a pot with him/her. I got stacked on my first try when I missed with a str and flush draw (person on my right stacks me and idontgiveashi)... I rebuy for $20... I get KK22 double suited, idontgiveashi raises, person on my right calls, I push to isolate, person on my left reraises (now I know I am screwed), idontgiveashi goes all in, I have to go all in as I only have about $4 left, person on my left flips over AAxx and stacks me and idontgiveashi.

I rebuy and idontgiveashi rebuy's.. I lose $10 more.. I am now down $50 in about 10 minutes (great way to start my grind) and idontgiveashi gets stacked about 2 or 3 more times. Person on my left and right are now sitting with about $200 each (max buy in is $50) and again, I am down $50.

So idontgiveashi drops about $300 at the table and leaves. I still cant figure out if this player is just on a wicked tilt (which I doubt because I think they would have quit after about 3 buy ins) or they plays much higher stakes and is just having some fun at the lower limits. So I do a player search (if this player is on tilt, I want to join whatever tablehe/she is at) and I find idontgiveashi, by themselves, sitting at the 200/400 PLO table with over $80,000 sitting in front of them... so I found my answer... high roller having some fun.. wonder if it was one of the pros just burning some money at the lower limits and having some fun (glad he/she had some fun, I donkeyed off $50 trying to stack them.. lol).

No comments: