Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tournament Results

A little background first. After going broke about 5 times, I decided to read a couple of articles about bankroll management and tournaments. An article by Chris Furguson (where he turned $20 into $20,000) advised only using 2% of your bankroll for any tournament buy in. An article I read by cracknaces (former blogger) advised 1% of your bankroll. So for my tournament buy ins, I am using the 1% rule (staying on the safe side) and only playing in tournaments that cost $12 or less (my bankroll is currently around $1200).

Played 3 tournaments last night:
At 8:45, I played the $5.50 Omaha Hi/Lo Limit tournament on Full Tilt. There was about 136 players and I finished 3rd and cashed for $77. I have been running well in this tournament lately with 6 final tables (2nd, 3rd, 5th, 5th and 6th) over my last 20 tournaments.

At 9:45, I played in the $5.50 Razz Limit tournament on FT. It been a long time since I played Razz but I like the game and my mom was also playing (yanamama is her user name.. we have a restaurant in Swansboro called Yana's (sisters name) and thus she plays as yanamama). I busted out about 33rd (64 players) and mom finished 10th (right outside the money)... so I got my a@@ kicked by my mom.. luckily we didnt have an side bets.. lol

At 10:20, I played in the $8.70 PLO super satellite to FTOP#4 on FT. This was my homerun swing for the night. Most of the time I am grinding it out in the small buy in tournament and PLO Hi cash game but I am going to start playing the super sats to FTOPS and Aussie qualifier so that maybe I can score a "big" win in the future. There was 35 players and the top 2 got a seat in the Satellite (which is in November) and 3 through 5 paid. I finished 8th. I was card dead (only played about 20% of my hand on a 6 top PLO table.. usually around 35 - 40%) and the player to my right was pounding on me by raising about every other pot. I called about half the raises but couldnt hit.. I definitely need to work on a strategy to counter that type of aggressive play (call and hope to hit a hand did not work).. felt like I had been in a boxing match after that player got done with me :-).. so no homerun tonight.. I will keep at it though.

2 comments:

Thomas Kennedy said...

Congrats on your new blog. I hope you will be sharing lots of good tidbits of information here.

UnTiltable said...

Thanks! I am going to start posting some Omaha Hi hands along with the odds and some comments about how I played the hand.. hope to build the site so that it will have helpful information. Also, you have a great site. Read the first chapter on BR management.. very good!