Thursday, February 7, 2008

Computer setup and Final won a big pot

Just got my KVM (Keyboard, Video and Mouse) switch from NewEgg and it works great. Nice deal for $20. Now I will be able to play on my laptop hard drive and use my desktop keyboard, mouse and monitor. The advantage of this is that I can load PokerTracker Omaha on my laptop, use the laptop to play poker (either at my desktop or wireless if my wife is using the desktop) and then take the laptop with me to work, on the road, vacation, etc; and be able to analyze the hands I played as all the hand histories will now be on one drive (before I would play on both the laptop and the desktop and my hand histories were split between the two. It became a pain trying to keep track of the hand histories (I was storing them on a USB drive and swapping the USB drive between computers to store hand histories but his gets tedious). Now that I have this setup, my goal is to start posting a daily Omaha hand analysis.

Finally had a hand hold up in Omaha.. AA86 (me) vs KKxx vs J857...
Cap Limit of $40 (.50/1)
I limp, KKxx raises, J857 calls, another caller, I pot bet to $25 ($40 is cap), KKxx caps it, J857 calls and I call (I had to call but I dont like having AAxx vs 2 callers).
57x on flop. J857 flops 2 pairs and I flop a straight draw.
turn 3.
river 3. I won with two pair.. After 3 weeks of beat downs, I feel like I won the lottery..lol (Looking forward to getting the Omaha PokerTracker software and analyzing some of the pots I am getting involved in).

Qualified for 2 FTOP Sats (PLO and PLO8).
Ran JJ into AA in the Mookie
Missed nut flush draw in the Dookie.

No comments: