Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Been slacking on the blogging

So much for the blog a day new years resolution.. I am still sucking at this.

Quick update.
SunCruzing with Ron and JD Schellnutt!
Went SunCruzing the last weekend and won/chopped the $110 Friday NL tournament. Nice cash for $1700... had on river magic card that saved me early but for the most part, my money was in good and I survived most of my races.

Lost may patience in the cash game on the night trip and was down $100. It was one of those session where I should have been happy breaking even (card dead) but I forced a hand with a weak kicker against a player who had been playing TAG all night and he took me for about $175.

Finished up about $1500 for the trip (minus the money I spent taking Ron and JD out to celebrate the tourny win/chop).

Spent the last week getting my a@@ handed to me in online Omaha and tournys... dropped levels in Omaha cash game to work on my aggression (spent to much money just calling raises... want to work on running the table).

Friday at ClubG!
Won/chopped our weekly Friday tournament at Club G. 14 players and we grinded down to 3 after about 5 hours of play. It was 2am and we were burnt, so we chopped and called it a night (my son has basketball games at 8 am on Sat. so I needed some sleep). I have to talk to ClubG about his structure. We need to get through a 13 person tourny in no more than 3 hours.

SuperBowl Rebuy at ClubG!
We had 18 players for our ClubG rebuy/addon tourny on Sunday. I rebought once and addon at the break. Worked my way to the final table stealing blinds and pushing with position with any 2 cards. This strategy finally blew up as I ran Q8 into JD's AJ. A on the flop, 8 on the turn (some hope), blank on the river sealed my fate. JD went on the take it down and the $1000 first place prize (ClubG got second and $700) while Andy pulled a 3rd for $300. CONGRATS JD.. well deserved win.

No comments: